We take your privacy seriously, and we are committed to keeping your information private. To the extent we are required by law, we have notified Bangladesh's Information Commissioner's Office that we will process your personal information under the Data Protection Legislation.
- What personal information we collect about you and how we collect it
- How we use your personal information
- Personal information that we share with third parties
- Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information
- Your rights
- Accessing and updating your personal information
- How to unsubscribe from any email alerts that you receive
- Legal and Contact Information
1. What personal information we collect about you and how we collect it
Information that you provide us directly
We collect personal information whenever you contact us and provide us with information that we can identify you by, including when you contact us by phone, email, or sign up to use any of our services. In particular, we collect information about you when you register and create an account, post content on any of our Sites, upload your CV. We also collect information about the payment methods you use to make any transactions with us.
We do not collect any information relating to online transactions or other sensitive information. Any information that we do not require to render services to you will not be requested either optionally or mandatorily.
We will take your consent before collecting any information, sensitive or otherwise. We will need you to disclose all the right information for registration and admission purposes.
2. How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information to enable us to provide our Services to you and will allow you to use the Sites, including, for the following purposes:
- to authenticate your identity and administer your account;
- to personalize aspects of our services;
- to deal with your inquiries and requests;
- to enable our data processors (such as our group companies and hosting providers) to provide services (or components thereof) requested by you.
Additionally, where you have provided us with consent, we will also use your personal information for specific other purposes, including:
- to share with institutions;
- to contact you about opportunities that we believe may be relevant to you and to provide you with updates about developments on the Sites and information about the products and services we offer;
- to carry out market research or surveys;
- for marketing and strategic development purposes, for example, to identify trends usage;
It is your responsibility to ensure that any information submitted as part of the registration process to your user account or as part of an application to a job posting is accurate and up to date.
3. Personal information that we share with third parties
To provide our Sites' services, we sometimes need to share your personal information with other companies in the SIB group. However, we will continue to be responsible for your information usage and security when this happens.
We may also share your personal information with third-party processors or suppliers that we engage to provide services to us and support our offering to you (such as our hosting providers). These third parties may need to process your personal information on our behalf to provide such services. This is the case; we take great care only to appoint reliable third parties to guarantee your personal information and business information. For example, we ask each such third party to complete an information security questionnaire to ensure their practices and procedures provide the security level that we would expect (and is required under law) when processing personal information. Note that these third parties process personal information on behalf of SIB and have no right to use, disclose, or transfer your personal information in any other way.
Third parties that we share your personal information with
Where you have provided us with consent, we will share your personal information with other third parties (who will also be data controllers regarding the information that we share). To the extent you have any concerns about an institution's handling of your personal information, you should get in touch with that institution.
Other circumstances where use or share your personal information
In certain circumstances, we may be required at law to disclose your personal information to third parties such as government bodies, law enforcement agencies, and data protection regulators.
4. Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information
We are required to collect and use personal information in accordance with, and in a manner justified by, the Data Protection Legislation. In doing so, we rely on one or more of the following grounds to legally collect and use your personal information:
- we may process your personal information where this is necessary for the performance of the contract which we have with you (i.e., to provide our services to you);
- we may process your personal information where you have consented to us doing so;
- we may process your personal information where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, for example:
- to analyze and create statistical reports based on the services we provide and our performance of those services; and
- for the proper keeping of business records.
Where we rely on your consent to process any of your personal information, you may revoke your consent at any time. Any such revocation will not affect the lawfulness of any prior use of that personal information.
5. Your rights
Should you have any queries or complaints about how we use your information, please contact us via the details set out in section 9 below. Should you wish to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner's Office regarding such issues. Further information about making a complaint can be obtained at www.studyinbangladesh.com.bd or email@example.com or by calling 01746-464442.
You have the following rights to your personal information that we hold:
- We will remove any / all data we may have taken by mistake or do not require on your request.
- A right to restrict processing information will be enabled as soon as you seek to update or revise any personal information shared with us.
- You can withdraw your consent for processing any information shared by you.
- You can also object to processing your information.
- We do not automate all of our processing activities and profiling, but we warn you in case of one.
- You can request access to information shared by you anytime.
- Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to see the personal information we hold about you and to ask us to:
- make any changes to ensure that any personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date;
- erase or stop processing any personal information we hold about you where there is no longer a legal ground for us to have it; or
- transfer any information we hold about you to a specified third party. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
7. How to unsubscribe from any email alerts that you receive
If you have elected to receive information about our services and services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organizations or "alerts" from us via email (for example, by creating an email alert for a job) and would like at any time to unsubscribe from this service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of an email.
9. Legal and Contact Information
238/1 Maruf Market 3rd Floor, Mouchak Circle, Malibagh
Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh 1217
Contact No: 01746-464442
We will use all reasonable efforts to answer any questions or resolve any concerns regarding your privacy promptly.
All comments, queries, and requests relating to our use of your personal information are welcomed. If you would like to contact us, questions should be addressed to Customer Services at the above address; or by email at email@example.com
Disclosure to institutes
The information provided by you is stored and accessed only as required to deliver our services to you and shared with institutes during admission processes. The data we transfer to institutes is subject to use restrictions and safeguards against unauthorized access.
Confidentiality and Security
The confidentiality and security of your personal information are as important to us as is to you. We have invested resources into protecting and safekeeping your data. We take all steps to keep your information safe with us, regardless of where the information is stored or transferred.
Your acceptance of these terms
By registering to a Study in Bangladesh account, submitting information to Study in Bangladesh, you agree to collect, use, and disclose your information as described above.
Suppose you do not agree to the terms of this policy. In that case, you will not be able to register to Study in Bangladesh account, Study in Bangladesh will not accept your form or inquiry, and your information will not be processed or referred on to Study in Bangladesh or its institutions.
Your privacy is important to us, and we do not sell or rents names. We will only send you email messages if you opt into receiving them during registration.
Our privacy officers
Your control over your personal information in our database
After registering on our websites, you have full access to and control of the information you provided. At any time, you can access this information through the "Login" section of "Dashboard." But remember that you can't change the information you provided before.
Deleting your personal information
You also have the right to the erasure of your data. If you would like to have your personal information completely removed from our database, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide either the email address used to create the account or your username.
The accuracy of the information you provide
The information you provide should be kept as up-to-date as possible. If the information you supplied to us has changed, we invite you to update it at any time through the "My Profile" section of "Dashboard."