North South University Waiver for Spring 2021
North-South University is one of the leading and number one ranked first private university in Bangladesh. There are a number of activities going on at North South University during the global pandemic Covid-19. These are mentioned below:
It is to be noted that:
• Around 1300 children of the brave freedom fighters of 1971 have been given the opportunity to study at NSU without any fees.
• Special scholarship has been given to the students of NSU who lost their parents during Corona pandemic.
• Since the establishment of this university, it has provided financial assistance of 150 core taka to the students till date. Approximately 18 crore taka has been provided as a scholarship to meritorious and needy students over the last 12 months.
It is worth mentioning that:
• North South University staff members have donated 2 days of their salary amounting to 50 Lacs taka to the relief fund of the Honorable Prime Minister.
• NSU has distributed 11000 bags of relief material through the Bangladesh Army and Police among the affected families during the pandemic.
It is to be noted that, in the Summer & Fall 2020 semesters, a significant amount of fees were waived. Considering the overall situation, NSU authority has decided to continue with the waiver for Spring 2021 Semester as like the last semester. All Student-activity fees (library fee, computer lab fee and other fees) have been waived. In addition, 10% of the tuition fees would be waived. The total waiver of the fees would amount approximately to 20% for Spring 2021.
North-South University wishes the overall success of the students and seeks sincere cooperation of all in this regard.